The safety of our athletes, campers and staff is paramount. We will be following the guidelines set out by Gymnastics Ontario as listed below:
Entering & Exiting Facility
Parents/guardians will not be allowed to enter the building
Families are responsible for completing online Covid-19 Assessment Form daily before entering the gym.
- Please note that the Ontario Government and York Region require that all people aged 12 and older provide proof of vaccination before entering recreational gymnastics clubs in Ontario. You can learn about the details of this new requirement here.
- We apologize for the inconvenience, but the COVID-19 Assessment Form needs to be completed daily for every athlete or camp participant entering the gym. For convenience, this form can be completed online using a mobile device.
- It is mandatory that Gymnastics Ontario Assumption of Risk Agreement and Declaration of Compliance Covid-19 forms are completed prior to beginning any gymnastics program or camp. Download and print the Gymnastics Ontario COVID-19 forms here. Hardcopies are also available at the gym. (These forms are required only once per session)
- Utilize the physical distancing lines outside facility for parents and gymnasts/campers to line up before entering
Mask or face covering is required upon arrival and during transitions, but can be taken off to exercise, during crafts/arts and snack/lunchtime
- (Exceptions include people who cannot wear a mask for medical reasons, children under the age of five or those who require accommodation in accordance with the OHRC)
- All athletes/campers must properly sanitize hands upon entering facility
- A staff member will escort the gymnasts/campers inside the facility and direct your child verbally to their table with their name on it. On their table will be a bin with all the craft supplies needed for the day. Each bin is labeled and the supplies will not be shared with other campers.
- A staff members will help athletes/campers exit and ensure a parent/guardian is there for pick up. Please make sure you have your photo ID with you every time you are picking up your child. Please advise (by email email@example.com) if someone besides a parent is doing pick up
Class/Camp guidelines and procedures for athletes/campers
- Please provide an extra full set of clothing (socks and undergarments), hats and sunscreen. Please label all knapsacks, sanitizer, lunch bags, water bottles and all clothing
- All athletes/campers must be dropped off and picked up on time. (Pick-up and drop-off procedures will support physical distancing, staggering entry and cohorting)
- Athletes/Campers should wear comfortable clothing and must wear socks and they are encourage to come in wearing flip flops or crocs that are easy to put on. Staff will not be allowed to help them with socks/shoe laces. Please keep belongings to a minimum (one bag per child). Ensure your child is not wearing jewelry or sharp objects. Management will not be responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items. Please leave valuables at home.
- All athletes/campers should bring a reusable pre-filled water bottle, lunch and 2 snacks that can be opened without assistance. We are NUT FREE facility
- Athletes/campers will use personal chalk containers rather than open chalk bucket and wash hands after using equipment. Athletes are not permitted to share food or personal training equipment (e.g. grips, socks, wrist bands, wrist supports, ankle braces, tape, etc.)
Staff, Physical distancing & Cleaning Procedures
- All staff will be required to submit online a self-screening assessment daily prior to entering the facility. Staff will be required to wear face masks and use PPEs when physical distancing cannot be maintained
- The staff will ask all the athletes to sanitize hands after every event, and before and after lunch and breaks. Hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol and paper tissues will be available at all screening stations. The staff will ensure respiratory etiquette is followed by advising individuals to cough or sneeze into one’s arm or a tissue
- At this time the athletes/campers will remain with the same coach and athletes/campers and avoid mixing with other groups and staff. Each group will use their designated bathroom. Athletes/campers will remained in the same group for the entire week. Siblings will be placed in the same group regardless of age
- Yellow social distancing markers and signage have been set up at each station to remind everyone to maintain physical distancing
- A designated person will be cleaning and sanitizing after each event, especially high touch, and high traffic areas (e.g. entrance, washrooms, etc.) Once classes/camps are over for the day and all athletes have left, all additional surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected with Vital Oxide disinfectant (mats, carpets, floors, gymnastics equipment, counters, bathrooms, office space, door handles, light switches, railings, etc.)
- There will not be any public water fountains in the gym that athletes/campers can drink from directly. The staff will make sure that each athlete/camp participant has their own drink bottle that is kept with them during the day, and not shared and they have their own individual meal or snack with no common food items (e.g., salt/pepper shaker, condiments). Physical distancing will be maintained while eating.
Exposure to outbreak of COVID-19 procedure
- In the event that our staff or campers experience exposure to Covid-19 or there is an outbreak in our facility, the following procedures will be followed:
- All staff and individuals who may have been affected will be immediately contacted via email and/or phone and are strongly encouraged to contact York Region Public Health at 1 800 361 5653 or a COVID-19 Assessment Centre
- York Region Public Health will be notified immediately
- Our facility will be temporarily closed. Prior to re-opening, a professional cleaning company will perform a deep clean disinfection of the entire facility.
- All staff impacted will be self-quarantined for 14 days
- A refund will be issued for the missed camp days or classes