You can also download and print a PDF version of this document.
At the Tumble Tot Co., we are committed to providing an atmosphere of respect, comfort, and security for all our campers. We recognize that everyone is an individual with his or her own interests and needs. We strive to create an environment for children to feel successful. Friendship, Safety, and FUN are what our camp is all about.
The Tumble Tot Company and Tornados Gymnastics is a proud member of HIGH FIVE. HI FIVE is Ontario’s only provincially endorsed, comprehensive quality standard for organizations providing recreation and sports programs to children and an affiliated member of GYMNASTICS ONTARIO.
To help serve you more efficiently, we will be sending all paperwork through email. It is mandatory that Gymnastics Ontario Assumption of Risk Agreement and Declaration of Compliance Covid-19 forms are completed before the beginning of the camp. To save time, you can downloading and print the necessary forms here.
Upon arrival, each day, campers or their guardians will also be required to successfully complete a self-assessment to screen for COVID-19 symptoms. For convenience, The Tumble Tot Company’s online COVID-19 Assessment Form can be quickly completed online from a mobile device (link here) at https://tumbletot.com by selecting COVID-19 Info, COVID-19 Assessment form. All staff and camp participants will be required to wear a face-covering (except on gymnastics equipment for safety reasons). Program spaces and equipment have been modified to ensure that physical distancing of at least 2 meters between all participants is achieved.
Each camp will be considered a cohort that stays together for the entirety of the week. Cohorts will not mix with each other at any point throughout the week. Every cohort will have its own designated indoor and outdoor space for camp activities, washrooms, and equipment to ensure that cohorts always remain separated.
Our cheerful, qualified staff is enthusiastic and fully certified with a minimum Level 1 Artistic Gymnastics, Standard First Aid, CPR, High Five, Risk Management and have received a positive Police Vulnerable Sector Check. Camp staff has received extra health and safety training regarding COVID-19.
Each week will have a feature theme on which activities and crafts will be based. You can review our weekly themes by selecting the “Camps” menu from the https://tumbletot.com website.
Extended Day Camp
Campers can be dropped off as early as 8:00 am and/or picked up as late as 5:00 pm for an extra fee. This program is fully supervised by our certified coaching staff, which offers activities designed to keep our busy campers entertained.
Referral Program and Family
We will offer both the person making the referral (“the referrer”) a $25.00 discount or rebate and will also offer a $25.00 discount to the person being referred. A 10% family discount is available for each additional immediate family member. Details about our referral program are available here.
Week 5, August 3-6th is shorter due to the statutory holiday on Monday, August 2nd.
- Campers must be dropped off and picked up on time. Campers who are picked up late will be subject to a charge of $2.00 per camper for every 5 minutes that your child has not signed out once camp has ended. Our coaches must clean up and prepare for the next camp day.
- Camps will have a designated drop-off and pick-up location that follows distancing procedures and separates cohorts. Sign in and sign out will occur outdoors, as parents/guardians will not be permitted inside the gym. We require all parents/guardians to sign their children in and out of camp daily. If someone other than the parent/guardian is picking up your child or any other special arrangements, please give written permission to the Camp director or contact the Tumble Tot Co. via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The written permission must have the child’s name and the full name of the person who will be signing your child out. We will require the pick-up person to provide a photo ID.
- If your child will be absent from a day of camp, please call The Tumble Tot Co. at 905 836-6401.
- Please provide nut-free nutritious lunches and snacks with plenty to drink. Full-day campers will need two snacks and a lunch. Participants are not permitted to bring food products that may contain nuts or traces of nuts to a camp. Soy butter, also known as ”Wow Butter,” is not permitted. Although the product is peanut-free, it creates a stressor in the camp environment for campers with an allergy as it looks and smells just like peanut butter.
- If a participant is required to take medication, has a health condition, or carries an Epi-Pen, please ensure that this information was provided on your registration forms before your child attends camp.
- All participants must wear weather appropriate clothing and closed toe shoes. All campers must wear socks. Long hair must be tied back and out of our camper’s faces.
- Ensure your child is not wearing jewelry or sharp objects. Management will not be responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen items. Please leave valuables at home.
- Please provide an extra complete set of clothing (socks and undergarments), hats, and sunscreen. Please label all knapsacks, lunch bags, hand sanitizer, water bottles (a refillable water container is recommended) and all clothing with your child’s full name. This includes two extra face masks that should be kept in separate Ziploc bags.
- The Tumble Tot Co. strives to provide the highest level of safety and enjoyment to all participants and staff during its camps. Coarse language, bullying, non-compliance with COVID-19 protocols, and aggressive or inappropriate behavior are not permitted at camp. If your child has behavioral concerns, please speak to our camp director at 905 836–6401 and notify them of behavioral triggers and methods of dealing with them helpful to your child.
- All campers must be toilet trained and independent in the washroom.